Phantasmics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the Year of 3028...

+8
Savrix Tr'arnh
Aperi
Danika
Wolfgang
Zephir
Omniel
Qomorah Maantvrii
Y'lynne
12 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

In the Year of 3028... - Page 2 Empty Shatter the Night

Post by Qomorah Maantvrii Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:07 am

Not having a very good layout of the area Qomorah took a little longer to get to the Stellick that expected.  The city was very oddly mapped compared to what she was used to , so getting back was a little bit of a problem . Walking or more like running through about seven roads and ally ways Qomorah finally started to see familiar surroundings . Finally making it to the ship ports a little tired and hungry .
Though Barely taking a step into the docking area Qomorah noticed something . Like she was being watched. It was a odd feeling that she has never had before. Looking around she didnt see anyone  (if someone was watching her maybe they didn't  know that she could see them in the dark?) . Cautiously making another step she tried to brush off the feeling .
*CRACK*
Qomorah stopped again finishing her third step , something or someone was definitely out there . Worrying a little bit her flight or fight mode started to kick in .
"Who's out there ?!" She yelled.
Suddenly a very large cat walked out from a bush behind her making a very soft meow.
"Oh" She giggled to herself.
Thinking she was quiet a fool for thinking someone was actually watching made her laugh a little. Kinda embarrassed she continued her stride with the same *Tik* *Tok* of her metal tipped shoes . Unaware of the soft set of foot steps behind her fading away.
Qomorah Maantvrii
Qomorah Maantvrii

Status
EXP:
In the Year of 3028... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0In the Year of 3028... - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

In the Year of 3028... - Page 2 Empty Re: In the Year of 3028...

Post by Savrix Tr'arnh Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:39 am

When Savrix passed a market on his way from the port to the Lyliath Interplanetary Rebellion's administrative campus, his stomach suddenly reminded him that he hadn't had anything since breakfast. Even although he would have dinner with Raneah, he decided that there would be nothing wrong with purchasing a small snack to silence the hunger for a while.

Savrix looked around, and his eye fell on a small food cart that looked like it sold either meat or cooked vegetables. "Worth a try either way!", Savrix said to himself while he made his way to the cart. After questioning the suspicious looking owner about the quality of the product, he bought a tray of three meat sticks and walked away while happily eating them.

Just as he was about to start on his second meat stick, Savrix heard something. Something unsettling. I wasn't loud, but he knew exactly what he heard. A scream. A human, female scream. He looked in the direction he heard it coming from: An alleyway. He thought about it for a moment, but quickly decided that whoever made that noise could use his help and dropped his snack.
Savrix Tr'arnh
Savrix Tr'arnh

Status
EXP:
In the Year of 3028... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0In the Year of 3028... - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Savrix Tr'arnh Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:45 am

When Savrix reached the entrance of the passage, he glanced over the situation. There were two groups set up against each other. They seemed to be arguing with each other, although one group had their hands on their weapons and kept closing in.

Savrix examined the other group, and quickly noticed who must have let out the scream. It was a girl who looked terrified by their supposed attackers. The other female in their group looked like someone who was familiar with combat, but didn't appear too confident about the whole situation. The third member of the group appeared to be their spokesman, confidently stepping in front and trying to talk it out.

Savrix knew that it wouldn't be talked out, and swiftly sneaked into the alley to hide behind a crate. It wasn't much of a hiding place, but it allowed him to observe the situation from closer by. And neither of the groups seemed to have taken notice of him. Adrenaline started rushing through his body as he opened the knife from his multi-tool. When the attacking group would make a sudden move, he'd be ready to dash out and rush towards one of the humans. "At least", Savrix thought, "I have the element of surprise".

@Y'lynne @Zephir @Wolfgang

Last edited by Savrix Tr'arnh on Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Savrix Tr'arnh
Savrix Tr'arnh

Status
EXP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnathan Morris Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:07 pm

Johnathan shrugged his shoulders as he changed back into himself. He had barely made it to an alleyway before his 12 hours were up. 'Too close' he thought to himself. He hoped the information he gathered would help the Rebellion. He had to send his main handler a message as soon as possible, one of their one was going to be betrayed and killed. He had never heard of Y'lynne before, but whatever meeting she had set up was sure not going to end well.
Johnathan moved as quickly as he could to his small ship. He couldn't send the message until he was well off this cursed outer planet. The docking bay moved into view and he boarded his single manned ship and began his take off procedures. Without any delay his ship launched into space.
He set the controls to autopilot him home to Mirteth and he turned to his transmission station. Y'lynne in danger. Planned attack at meeting. -JM. Short sweet and to the point. He encrypted it and sent it. He hoped it would help. He turned back to the controls to observe his long flight home.

Johnathan Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by Aperi Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:23 pm

Aperi continued to stand over the three strangers, her tail creating a small hissing noise as it's rough surface dragged along the floor. The hooded figure- who Aperi immediately assumed to be in charge of the two shivering dolts beside him- let down his hood, revealing the angry, scarred face of a human. The lanky beast snorted, then lurched forward uncontrollably, slamming taloned hands into the makeshift wooden table they sat around with a bang that made all three before her lurch back out of instinct.

Her head twisted completely around while she let out a low, gurgling hiss, now peering at the trio with an upside-down glare. The hooded human brushed a hand through sparse, brown hair before crossing his hands neatly on the table. Aperi watched curiously. "Ussssualy," the Nightcrawler clipped, her word drawn into a snarl, "You'd be... saying, what you're after by now." Her voice was light and feminine, seeming to belong to a young woman instead of the yellow dragon-like creature.

"Yes, well," the human male said, eyeing one of his guards before returning his gaze to Aperi's masked figure, "I've been attempting to gather up words to say. You're presence isn't exactly giving me courage to speak to you." The Nightcrawler let out a laugh that didn't match the voice she produced- it was low, producing a sound not unlike shards of gravel being ground into a larger stone. "Not... uncommon," she purred, head spinning quickly back into it's former place. "But time is... dead bodies, human. Tell me who you want... want me to kill, I've only had one... m...meal this night."

"Yes, I'll give you the basics." he said, shifting with slight discomfort under Aperi's unblinking stare. "A certain somebody ran off with, ehm, goods, our group was attempting to ship off-planet." He said, looking at a fat gold ring perching on his finger. "We're guessing the scumbag wants the money the items are worth all to himself." the man said, muddy green eyes flicking back to meet Aperi's unnaturally blue ones. "Your job is to kill him, preferably in an area where our group frequents, in order to send the message that we don't take kind to traitors. Make it loud, make it ugly."

Aperi's arms retreated from their position on the table to her sides as she leaned forwards, listening intently. Out of anticipation of the hunt, she drew out her purple tongue and traced the edged of her 'mask'. The man continued. "And of course, he'll have a small metal parcel on his being, marked with our insignia. That's what he stole, and you won't be getting your payment unless it's returned to us." he finished, and Aperi blinked slowly, processing the information. "What is the payment?" she said quickly, clacking his jaws together on the last word.

"The payment will be the location of where we think an old..." he said, but lowered his voice as he continued, "...an old stash of PR is located." Aperi perked up immediately at this, her blood rushing. "And if... your sources, if they are untrue?" she hissed, narrowing her side-ways blinking eyes. "If they are untrue, we'll provide cash." the man finished simply, reaching into an inner pocket located within his cloak. He placed a ragged piece of what appeared to be bloody clothing on the table. "Deal?" he said, pursing a brow.

"Deal." Aperi echoed, stabbing the cloth on a claw before turning away, her tail whipping loudly to the side. She eyed the the man who stood in front of the metal door, and he opened it without much further confrontation. She trailed out of the underground bar and back up the stairs, not paying attention as the door slammed behind her. She looked at the fragment of her claw, knowing it was riddled with her target's scent. Her freakish body lacked a nose, but she could pick up scent molecules on the roof of her mouth as she breathed.

She brought the torn piece of clothing to her mouth and inhaled heavily, registering it's scent into her mind. This is who she would be tracking. Aperi shot up the narrow stairs without further hesitation, standing on her hind legs as soon as she met the open air. She let out a horrible scream- a cry like a dog tracking a fox- and dropped to all fours, launching herself forward in huge bounds. He feet pushed her towards a city that loomed in the distance, her heart beating rapidly as it forced enough blood to keep oxygen moving through her unnatural form.

((@ Nobody; Still just RPing to self. But she's pretty much headed towards the area where Wolfgang and the others are. She's not going to attempt contact, but there will be quite a loud murder nearby them, hooray. I just want to cause some havoc and disgust. :B ))
Aperi
Aperi

Status
EXP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aperi Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:28 pm

(( OOC: I feel like I'm practically necro-posting, yeesh. But since nobody else seems willing to post, I'm probably just going to continue with what Aperi is up to until you guys decide to join in again... I hope that's alright. ))

A deep breath; the scent of blood and fear was faint in the air. The scene before the creature bobbed as her head swung up and down with her bounds, her mouth opened wide as she raked in ragged breaths. Her body was heating up quickly; the rapid expenditure of energy creating friction; nearly fire; in the creature's cells as she pushed herself further along her path to the city. Aperi's pupils were dilated fully; eyes a complete, eerie black as they took in all before them. Probably shouldn't be traveling at this speed, a light, scared voice in her head whispered, but she paid no heed.

"Hardly," she gasped out as she ran, speaking to herself. "Can, hardly... wait." she forced out, the light sound of her voice whipped behind her as the wind pushed at her already sweltering form. Aperi's view of the land in front of her was full, and she let out a light cackle as she took it in. She would be running for a while before she reached the outskirts of the city, after all; so she might as well evaluate the familiar landscape. Smaller buildings; hardly the skyscrapers that clawed at the smoggy atmosphere; were at the edge of the bustling, populated area. They were little, dinky things that hardly passed by as warehouses. This was where a tiny resident SPR-transportation 'gang' ran their own little shred of the city. This was the place she'd need to kill the target.

She focused, then, on the ragged ground beneath her feet. Once an actual part of the larger cities, these several miles of torn-up concrete and rock were leveled in some past war; Aperi didn't know specifics, nor did she care for them; but she knew this was a good place to live. They were deemed unlivable; but the remnants of still-active explosives and poison-contaminated air just a few of the things that made Aperi happy. It was what she was used to, and what she was comfortable with. Shards of glass and jagged rock were scattered on broken, uneven ground while skeletons on once-beautiful towers stood, the memories and lives once there now shattered and forgotten.

Literal skeletons- ones of recognizable creatures as well as ones that would take an expert to figure what they once belonged to- were placed sparsely here and there as well, some half-buried and reaching to the sky, still in the final pose their dying body had taken. You should really slow down, the voice whispered again; and this time, Aperi let out a snarl. On drugs, idiot. Be quiet, for fuck's sake, it's what they all do, she screamed into the void of her mind. The other voices were always faint, or silenced altogether when she downed that bubbling drink. All of them, that is, but this one.

Aperi hated it, always telling her what to do, and what's wrong and right; don't kill that, don't eat that, don't slaughter things in such a manner, pah! She hardly cared what that little scared voice had to say...! Or, that is, at least... what she portrayed. The Nightcrawler always felt these horrible pings of guilt or horror when that damned voice started talking louder; she knew it had the capibility of taking over altogether in her weakest moments- taking over her body, her mind, and changing her mind back into the absolutely pathetic thing she used to be. You're still human, the voice said, in a tone identical to Aperi's own, as always.

The Nightcrawler let out a horrible, grating screech as she suddenly lost her balance- too focused on her mind to see what surrounded her. Her legs shot out from under her, and she tumbled down the steep hill she had lost her control on, a rolling pile of limbs and angry claws. In the most inconvenient time, the flashing scene as she crashed down ripped her out of consciousness and sent her body into a violent seizure. The hill stopped and the ground leveled, through she rolled a little further forward before landing on her side. Aperi's body twitched and flailed, convulsing grossly and contorting in ways not many would think possible as complete control was lost; a thick yellow foam seeping from her open maw. I told you, the little voice rung out.

((@ Nobody; Just to myself...! As per usual. I might not actually have Aperi head too close to Wolfgang and the others now, simply due to me wanting to progress on my own storyline. I suppose if you ever want to, you could intervene, though. ))
Aperi
Aperi

Status
EXP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raneah Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:38 am

Raneah let out a sigh while she put the dish back in the oven. She didn't know why it bothered her so much this time. Savrix was always later than planned. Traffic, a quick sale, helping old people carry their groceries... There was always some way that it took him more than an hour to walk the 40-minute route that was the trip from the nearest commercial port to the Administration Centre.

This time, however, Raneah felt that something was wrong. She was worried. She had a bad feeling about the delay, even if it was completely natural. "I'm sure he's on his way", she tried to reassure herself. It didn't work. She still had the feeling that something was completely wrong.

She decided that it would probably be a good idea to distract herself by going for a walk. She made sure the over was set to warming-mode, and headed out of the dormitory towards the campus' pond. Maybe the sound of the fountain could calm her down.
Raneah
Raneah

Back to top Go down

Post by Aperi Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:55 pm

(( OOC: //meeps loudly// Okay so we're not dead yet? Hopefully. I keep egging my sister (Shadow's Wind) to continue writing up her backstory but she keeps hissing at me, send help. I'm going to be trying my hardest to keep this board alive, even if it means posting more things about what Aperi is doing literally ever other day; and inviting a bunch of old RP'ing friends that might sign up and never RP, or not show up at all. I'm just, really enamored with this RP and it's possibilities there's no way I'm letting it die. Please bear with me and my attempted board-saving shenanigans. ))

One hour, two hours... It was impossible to tell how long she had been unconscious, really. The Nightcrawler was still out cold, mind completely blank; body bent into a nearly pretzel-like shape. Her neon eyes were wide open, unblinking as they gazed into the polluted sky, but still unseeing. Then they blinked. It was slow- almost slug-like, really; and the creature's pupils thinned until they were hardly recognizable against the stark blue of the irises. Aperi's shoulders- all four of them- shrugged slowly, and the tangle of limbs untangled themselves as they stretched out in all directions, quivering slightly before they slumped back to the ground to lay still once more. The creature's mouth opened slightly, a low growl meeting the silence of the air. Her head turned slowly to the right, and her neck kinked back before tilting forward; spitting out a bloody hunk of flesh.

Aperi ran her tongue over the side of her cheek where she had bitten out a decent chunk; it was already covered in thick scabs. The healing process of her body was remarkably quick... a benefit, she supposed, to having genes that refused to have their shape changed in any way. Her mind was quiet- no voices to be heard- as she lay there, breathing in and out slowly, waiting for her blood to stop running cold. She lifted her head slightly, hissing at the rush of buzzing noises to her eardrums as she looked at her right, larger arm. It took her a while to register the pain; the thing had pretty much totally snapped. The bone material had already begin to heal the arm back up, but it was bending in a place that, last she checked, should not be bending. This was not something she'd be able to function with.

With a low, painful groan, she hauled herself into an awkward sitting position, her tail curling up behind her in an attempt to keep balance. She wobbled unsteadily, and braced herself with her left dominant arm- the good one- while analyzing the one that was half-healed in an unsavory way. It was, understandably, incredibly painful. Her sideways eyelids were narrowed, and her teeth were clenched. She was attempting to fight it off, but her eyes did water slightly at the pain. It was going to get worse from here. Aperi placed the limb in her jaws, hesitating. It would never heal right if it couldn't be in the right position. She let a sigh out of her maw before clenching down, snapping her arm again while she screamed into her own flesh. She let go, the arm broken once more with bloody teeth-marks to boot. Fantastic, was her only coherent thought as she slumped to the ground, sarcastic even in a delusional state.

Using her right smaller arm, she pinned down the larger and forced the original break back together with a screech that made her taste blood in the back of her throat. Aperi let go, keeping the broken arm still as her chest heaved. She was snarling to keep back anything remotely close to sobbing. Idiot, she snarled in her head. Going to take, what, a day for this to heal? Two days? Damn target could get off-planet by that time, she scolded herself. If you rest it won't take as long, you know, one of the voices in the void of her mind replied. What, sleep? And be left vulnerable to whatever the fuck is out there? I think not, Aperi growled; though if it was out loud or in her mind, she could hardly tell. She was already slipping into unconsciousness, the pain in her arm was making it hard to think. Normally, she doesn't sleep; there isn't a need to when her body simply runs off of whatever energy she gets when consuming whatever unfortunate soul she chances upon.

Her normal distaste of sleeping, however, was far from her mind now; and she was out cold for a second time. This time, though, should at least be beneficial to her health... as long as some passerby carnivorous creature wasn't brave enough to try to snack on her. Then she'd be a bit pissed.

((@Nobody, again. It's a bit shorter than usual, but whatever. It will have to do. ))
Aperi
Aperi

Status
EXP:

Back to top Go down

In the Year of 3028... - Page 2 Empty The Day , well Night ?

Post by Qomorah Maantvrii Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:39 am

(Don't worry the forum is not dead, we all are just kinda busy >.<.More posts should come in shortly ;D)

Even though the planet Qomorah was on was covered by darkness all of the time there was still somewhat of a day and night schedule. During the "day" the streets became busy almost hectic , but during the night well, many species had to still sleep sometime. Looking at the sky from the viewing area of the roof of the Stellick Qomorah had never thought that the sky here would have been so beautiful. It was then that she noticed that today was going to be a tiring one , as she did not sleep during the "night". The sound of people's voices steadily grew outside; daily life began the brew into the city.
Qomorah had spent her night in the Stellick. She made what was left of the meat in the bag , ate it , and chewed on the small poultry bones while watching her tv till the city woke up. She yawned after eating the last of the poultry. She honestly didn't know where to start. This being her frist time on this planet she really didn't have any idea where to go. Knowing little of the Lyliath rebellion and the beta crypt she grew a little worried. If she decided to choose a different side would they even take her? Being in relation to a gamma sector bandit captain didn't help her odds. All she knew was the gamma sector , and she didn't like what she saw.
Thoughts of Lyliath rebellion assassins and beta crypt warriors ran through her head. She grew a little tense thinking about it .
"Well , I wont know unless i get out there huh? " She loudly stated as she stood up front her seat.
Already ready for the day Qomorah headed out the doors of the Stellick again with the same old hiss and light of the door. Truly the day didn't look much different from the night. There was a difference in atmosphere though . The people loading and unloading their ships, groups if family's heading to a unknown destination , and the constant chatter of a crowd talking. It was almost to much for Qomorah to bear at first if she didn't already expect something like this. Qomorah's eyes gleamed with excitement at it all.
She walked toward the exit of the ships ports and headed down a different path than last night. Looking for a suitable person to ask for directions (still having no idea what the signs said) she walked into a friendly looking crowd. She began with the usual greetings and asked where the she could find a really good bazaar, a bigger one than last nights venture. The group thought a little bit but with almost no effort one person happily came out with a answer. Qomorah thanked them and then went on her way hoping to find some answers.
Qomorah Maantvrii
Qomorah Maantvrii

Status
EXP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aperi Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:43 pm

(( OOC; Well I'm just going to continue with what Aperi is doing every few days because why not? Her timeline isn't really relative to anyone else's quite yet, what I'm writing is pretty much... like, backstory to whatever her path is going to lead her to? I'm not completely sure yet. But something will happen... eventually. ))

And, again, Aperi was roused from her unintentional slumber; though this time it was with a start. She lurched forward with a snarl, pupils immediately dilating in fury. Some creature that had been snuffling at her damaged arm ran off with an alien squeal, though she didn't care for it's presence. She noticed that her arm was stiff, and it hurt, but the bone material must have stitched itself back together enough for it to stay together; because it didn't snap again when Aperi launched herself onto all fours, head swinging left to right as her maw hung open. She was panting- not because she was tired, but to draw in some sort of faint scent molecules that would lead her to where she believed her target was.

The scent she was tracking was still lodged in recent memory, and though she was too far gone to remember why she was going to murder it, she knew she had to. It must have been an entire day she was out, because the drugs had completely lost their effects; she was already shaking and perspiring with withdrawal, but her mind's eye was focused elsewhere. Kill, was her only thought; and though it was faint among the thousands of other screaming voices in her head, she heard it clearly. And kill she must. With an elated cry she threw herself forward, once again on the hunt. Her hunger, though it was always screaming at her to tear into some sort of flesh, was particularly angry today.

Even killing, the main thought on her mind, was fogged as the thought of hunger cried out for attention. Kill, then eat; she reasoned. This pleased the screaming in her head. She was still headed towards the small outcropping of weathered warehouses, though they seemed to be much easier to reach now; her leaps and bounds filled with an entirely new, unstoppable force of animalistic hunger. She didn't know if it was her inability to calculate time's passage in this state, or a sudden burst of ridiculous speed, but she was now upon the houses, leaping with freakish precision across the rooftops.

It must have been night-time, all was quiet... aside from the pounding of her talons across the metal exteriors of the shoddy houses and startled screams as creatures caught sight of the unnatural thing throwing itself from house to house. A gunshot; some sort of primal weapon; sounded behind her, and she hardly felt the sting as a bullet grazed a shoulder. She hardly cared, but internally, it seems, she did. You dare? the voices in her head all echoed, getting louder and louder until she halted, nails screaming across a metal roof, head spinning to face a shuddering creature on the ground.

It was pointing a loaded gun at her, but she was hardly phased. Food, one of the voices coo'ed. The rest erupted in a series of screams in agreement; and with the jury decided Aperi soundlessly leaped off the metal shingling and onto the little flesh-bag. It's gun sounded, but the weapon had flown several feet away with the impact of the eleven-foot creature bearing down on it. She stared at him quietly as her mind struggled to process how to kill the screaming thing. It's arms were banging on her repeatedly as it tried to struggle free, but she was un-moving at her eyes peered directly into it's; as if ripping through the helpless creature's very soul.

It... seemed to be the only one who challenged her. It was slightly disappointing, but then she registered from a recent memory that she wasn't supposed to kill these ones; she had made a deal. She let go with a snort, leaping back onto the roof. She did not break her promises, even if they did. Though the voices kept egging her on. Kill it, one cried, It threatened you, that was a break in the deal, wasn't it? another added. She growled at them, hardly aware of the little creature below scrabbling back into one of the metal houses in a fit of terror. They quickly changed their subject.

Find the one! a voice howled, and the rest echoed with words like Kill, Murder it! and Tear the thing to pieces for all to see! The last one's words she found touching, and familiar. "Your job is to kill him, preferably in an area where our group frequents, in order to send the message that we don't take kind to traitors. Make it loud, make it ugly." the man's voice repeated in her head. The screaming voices agreed. This would be a fun one; especially now that, after minutes of standing still and breathing heavily, she's caught a very faint scent trail. She clamored off the roofing with a flail of arms and legs, landing on the ground with a 'whumf' of her breath, though she did end up landing on all-fours.

She brought her maw down to the ground, breathing heavily as she dislodged scent particles from their rest and into her waiting jaws. She let loose a grunt of approval, but was too focused on panting and drooling over the trail of particles to do any sort of celebration over finding a hint to his hiding place. Her pace was a slow walk, tail trailing and curling behind her. She couldn't afford to move any faster than this, the scent was very faint, possibly three days old by now, and she didn't want to ruin an easy way out of tracking the target down.
Aperi
Aperi

Status
EXP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenix Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:52 am

((OOC: Time for Grin to join the fray!))
Amidst the shadows shadows, a lone boy walks alongside other few night dwellers, not very suspecting save for tubing that occasionally glints from under the black hood over his head, occasional locks of white peeking out along with. Carrying an old burlap bag, he hums an odd sounding tune as he makes his way towards his next mark.
He was hired by a figure who clearly wanted to keep their identity safe, judging by their demeanor and clothing. Who wears a cloak in a bar? Shady guys, thats who.. He chuckles to himself. "You're the one to talk.." he mumbles, looking up over a few buildings, looking to see which belongs to the mark. He was hired to retrieve precious cargo from this man, who had apparently stolen from someone else, or thats hat he gathered. Hired to steal something that was stolen...
He sighs, shaking his head and looking over one of the buildings. Was this it..? Perhaps, maybe..
Get on one of the rooftops. says a shadow flicking at the corner of his vision. Higher viewpoint, this has to be the place. anyhow, you do plan on stunning the gu- He cuts the shadow off with a groan, "Geezus, Shayde, I know how to do my job." He sighs and heads into an alley across from the building, an apartment complex of sorts, climbing up one of the old fire escapes to get to the roof, setting up a small camp once he finds a place that has the best line of sight. He reaches into the sack he had been carrying, piecing together a small rifle he had stored away with other equipment. The design was primitive, but it would work, with it being modified to shoot stunner rounds rather kinetic bullets. The stunners would send a 'harmless' jolt through the marks system, incapacitating him until he could find the goods for his job. "What was it that we had to get, again? For the job, i mean." The boy ass his companion.
Grin, you really need to start paying attention... The job is a small metal parcel. It should be on his person, but if it isnt.. "We'll need to search the place, then." Grin finishes, looking down the sights of his homemade long-range stunner. "hm.. how long do you think we need to wait... this is going to get boring real quick.." Grin mutters, to which another smaller shadow chirps As long as it takes! with an almost sickening amount of glee in its voice..
Drin shakes his head, telling the jolly, bouncing blackness to go away before returning to his scouting..

(Heh, hope you don't mind, Aperi, I'm just oh so excited. Already thrusting into the thick of things.)
Zenix
Zenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfgang Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:20 pm

Wolfgang froze in fear as the scream left her throat. The man who had become very defensive of the Ngmoron approached the charging adversaries who were still at a distance that allowed him to greet them in an almost affable tone. But the human and Thoraxian didn't accept the moment to compromise. The human withdrew two plasmic pistols from his cloak and aimed them straight at Zephir. Meanwhile, the Thoraxian lunged through the air letting out a loud, reverberating hiss. He sailed over Zephir, narrowing on the easiest target to take out swiftly - doing so would make the extermination of the other two easier. Wolfgang was not yet accustomed to quick reflexes or an instinct to survive in quick-paced and deadly situations. She was pummeled to the ground, being crushed by the enormous weight of the bug-like creature. As blood leaked from her nose, the flask of poison flew from her hands several yards away, the sound of a faint glugging as the contents were emptied were left unnoticed. The Thoraxian screeched and frantically clawed at her face, lashing out blindly. Wolfgang had inadvertently blinded it, but was too weak to do any other damage....

In the Year of 3028... - Page 2 <a href=In the Year of 3028... - Page 2 Thorax10" />

crappy sketch with paint and unsteady mouse for luls

@zephir @Y'lynne

Last edited by Wolfgang on Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Wolfgang
Wolfgang

Status
LC:
EXP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aperi Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:48 pm

(( OOC: Oooh. I don't mind the intrusion Zenix, it should cause a nice bit of violence in the least. So excuse me while Aperi bumps into you and wigs the fuck out. And it would make sense that man would hire more than one assassin anyway; gangs actually tend to do that in case one person fails. ))

A low, almost engine-like rumbling left the hunched creature's throat as she snuffled along the path, content with the fact that her feet were padding along her target's footsteps, be they three days... two days old, now, or not. It had been about an hour of traveling now, and the scent had gotten progressively fresher as she trailed after it through winding alleyways and busy marketplaces. It was obvious the target was attempting to keep himself hidden; but he seemingly hadn't taken into account the path of particles pointing directley towards his location. It was, admittedly, a common mistake among modern criminals nowadays. Most creatures that roamed these streets had evolved with their technology guiding their way, their senses dulling into uselessness as they relied on electronics to tell them everything they needed to know.

Her slow stumble had suddenly increased to a brisk walk, the scent was near fresh now. She shouldered her way through a small group of chattering creatures who hadn't noticed her approach and scattered like the majority of the others did when they spotted her. One yelled something incomprehensible and tossed a half-full glass of liquor, but it had missed by yards, and she paid it no attention. She lifted her head just slightly so her eyes could take in her surroundings while still huffing at the trail below her feet. The drunken beings were behind her now, back to their loud laughter and cat-calling. The noise was, in a way, comforting; it reminded her of the bar she spent quite a lot of time in.

They must have been kicked out of the bar they were drinking in, because a particularly angry body-guard was stationed in front of it's door and glaring daggers at the group. Aperi made the assumption, then, that she was trailing into the more densely populated area of the city, now; for the further in one would trail, the more strict the rules of behavior were applied. Redundant, she thought among the screaming. For creatures to make rules on how one should act. For this made her specific need of food illegal, and in turn limited her hunting grounds to very sparse areas... ones that wouldn't notice about two people going missing a day.

She was walking through some sort of campus now; her subconscious picking up the sounds of people talking and the light whisking of water from a fountain. Her eyes were turned to the ground again, and was taken by surprise as she bumped into the body of a long-haired female who wore her brown locks in a ponytail. "W...watch it, human m...meat sack." she snapped in frustration, stumbling back slightly before returning her masked face to the ground, her tail snapping like a whip behind her as she continued after the scent trail. But you're a human meat sack, a voice in her head chirped happily, and Aperi proceeded to verbally scream; the noise like what one would believe a pterodactyl sounded like.

Aperi rounded some sort of bright pink tree that had been planted in the campus and snorted at the pollen that temporarily hazed her scent. And now it appeared following the trail required squeezing herself through a unnecessarily thin alleyway that separated two of the large buildings, her skin tearing at the sides as it scraped against uncovered brick. She growled at the stinging feeling, but it wasn't enough to impede her progress. It did take a lot of getting stuck and wiggling while snarling alien cusswords, but she did make it out onto the other side... eventually. She was now in a darker part of the city- one that was more densely populated than the slums she had grown accustomed to, but slums nonetheless.

The scent trail was now very fresh, possibly only about five to six hours old as she followed it at a near jog; her tail curling back and forth behind her in excitement. For the second goddamn time, however, her inability to properly focus on two things at once led her to bump into another being. This time, however, with her heightened state, she let out a yelp like a dog that had its tail stepped on and inadvertently launched herself about five feet into the air. She landed unevenly, staggering slightly before regaining balance, now focusing on the figure who was facing her. "Excu..se... you." she snorted, evaluating the being before her as her front talons left the ground, now standing fully; her eleven-foot figuring looming over the male she had bumped into.

She craned her neck down, clicking her teeth together as her sideways-blinking eyes locked with the hooded figure's red ones. Her gaze flicked to the tubes that gleamed from his hood before they flicked back. Though it was, admittedly, her own fault she had ran into the human, it was likely she would never say it aloud. "Would you... mind... m..." she growled, struggling with the last word as her head twitched to the side, "Mmm... moving?" she was able to finish, albeit with a rumble of frustration. There was room enough to go around him, but with her blood rushing like this... she hardly thought she had to. Aperi's head twitched again, but to the other side this time, followed by her stance shifting back to all-fours with a growl.

(( @Raneah in that earlier paragraph (the one where she's tumbling through a campus), excuse me while some weird yellow thing stumbles into you and waddles away; and @Zenix in the last few. Aperi is a startled cat, please understand. Also I've decided that you're going the wrong way, or like the opposite way of where the criminal is; that's why you're facing her. I hope that you don't mind that. ))

Last edited by Aperi on Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aperi
Aperi

Status
EXP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenix Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:33 pm

(Of course, its perfectly okay.)
Grin looks over the large creature, recognizing Aperi rather easily, shrugging and stepping aside. They are of the same trade, after all. "Go right ahead, dear." He says, stepping to the left, voice muffled by whatever the tubes may be connected to. He'd noticed the creature frequenting a particular bar in the slums, taking on clients in higher positions of which he sometimes did as well.

That one's a beauty. His unseen companion remarks, to which Grin chuckles. "Indeed, yes..." He sighs. "Actually somewhat admirable." He chuckles, taking up his positioning once more, headed to keep an eye out for his mark.

You admire it? Shayde asks as he looks about the buildings. "The Nightcrawler is great at our trade." Grin sighs. "Though, the animalistic ways are sometimes a little much, but that smile... I'm almost jealous." He sighs somewhat wistfully. "Anyways, where was our target again?" he asks, earning a groan from his dark companion.
(Sorry for my somewhat smaller responses, im still getting used to the actual writing bit)

Last edited by Zenix on Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zenix
Zenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Danika Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:59 pm

Danika waited on the interior of the ships doors. Her back pack was fully charged and she stood at attention waiting for the ship to reach its destination. The whir of machines hummed and a tiny blip sounded every few seconds on the sonar. Suddenly the ship seemed to power down - machines died and the lights went dark. The engine seemed to have stopped as the ship aimlessly glided at a steady acceleration. The only thing that could be heard was the blip, increasing in pace. The ship was now in stealth mode. Several minutes later, the sound of marches broke the silence and the echos grew louder. Danika's boss stood next to her, staring straight ahead. Several crew mates stood in two single files behind him, wielding large weapons of identical stature. "You know what to do." Danika's boss spoke sharply. "Yes sir!" She retorted. The ship rumbled to a halt - it had finally found its prey. Danika marched away into the dock, where she hopped into one of the smallest pods with remote control.

She huddled within her seat belt, taken off towards the other ship which was a few miles away.  She drifted for awhile, only pressing on the gas occasionally to guide her towards the dock. When she saw one of the fighter ships approach its mother ship, she waited before speeding up to tailgate it unseen. Once inside the dock, she ejected once they were close enough to the ground and rolled to break her fall. As her pod crashed into the fighter ship, she sprinted toward the only guard and outstretched her hands toward him. The guard initially distracted by the small explosion turned his attention to her but it was too late. A burst of light hit his body, paralyzing him. She moved quickly, she didn't have much time.

She quickly looked at the ships maps posted on the wall for escape routes. She tapped the engine room. She once again burst into a sprint wasting no more time. A guard turned a corner and she leaped into the air, plunging her knee into his nostrils. As he fell to the ground, she landed behind him and spun her body around. She snapped his neck in one quick move before continuing to the engine room. Dodging the vision of two more guards, she finally reached the engine room.

Once she found the fuse box she lightly put her hand on it. Electricity pulsed through her body and the ship suddenly died. She had blown the fuse, and smoke drifted out of the box. Her job for the mission of slave capture was almost finished.
Danika
Danika

Status
EXP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aperi Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:45 am

(( OOC: You only have to do like, a minimum of 150 words, Zenix. You hardly have to write as much as most tend to do... our posts are sort of overkill, honestly. V u V" ))

Aperi responded with a low noise from the pit of her stomach; something close to a growl but not exactly it; as the human stepped aside. She gave him a half-glare as she hobbled past, the odd limp she often walked with quite prominent. Her head swung back to the path she had been following, and she heaved out a shuddering sigh as she continued. It was getting harder and harder for the Nightcrawler to focus; the combination of the beating hearts around her and the screaming in her head continuously growing louder was slowly driving her to the edge. She hardly noticed the fellow's commentary behind her as she shuffled on, maw to the ground, though she did let out a small snort at the word 'admirable'.

"Hhh... hardly." she mumbled, eyelids narrowing her vision as she crawled over an upturned dumpster in persecution of the scent; though it was doubtful he had heard her, given that he had already continued on with talking to himself. He must be talking with somebody, though, don't you think? a voice hummed over the ruckus of the others. Aperi paid it little heed, same as she did the rest of the aimless screaming; though it was difficult to ignore. She tried to, instead, focus on the broken asphalt she found her talons clicking across; the path was mostly intact, though chunks of it lie scattered haphazardly at the edges of the walkway as if someone had broke them and swept them to the side quickly, hoping nobody would notice their mistake.

Aperi chuffed, twitching her head to the side again before she spun it around entirely, now facing her environment with an upside-down gaze. She turned her face upwards, then, looking at the smog-choked sky with mild amusement. It was as if her claws were the only things holding her to some sort of massive ceiling, and with a simple push she might fall into the infinite abyss. This, however, made her talons sink deeper into the crumbling rock with each step purely out of instinct. She flipped her head back over to its original position within a few seconds to prevent any further locational confusion. The trail now went up; the target had climbed the rusty escape ladder of some shoddy building. She followed suit easily, feet lightly clinking against the metal as she clambered to the top.

The last few feet of the ladder, though, were missing; and judging by the jagged pieces of metal where they were once attached to the building, it was torn off recently. The edges that would have been attached to the rest had no rust gathered on them yet, and fear-scent was heavy in the air. The target must have thrown itself to the top as the ladder collapsed underneath it. She looked down, peering through the darkness; and her eyes caught up on the sight of the segment of ladder that had fallen. To think, a voice grumbled, Our job could have been that much easier. The target, had he fallen, would have been killed upon impact to the ground. Aperi snorted, launching her lanky body atop the building with ease. Easy? Who cares for easy, when you could have bloody? another voice snapped back.

The Nightcrawler agreed with that last bit; there was nothing a good amount of bloodshed couldn't solve. She kicked a stray bottle out of her way as she padded across the roof, eyes upturned now that she had reached the end of the scent trail. She growled in frustration, eyeing up the buildings ahead of her, only to see a figure leap down from a distant roof. Could that be him? she wondered, and rolled her shoulders and haunches in preparation for a jump to the next building. How could he jump so far? The fucker must be a Phantasmic, she groaned into her mind. Or a manic, another voice added in a smart-alec tone. Either way, that's going to be an issue. He must have some sort of super-strength, or possibly just powerful jumping abilities if he was able to leap from building to building like that, she thought, crouching down with her tail curling behind her.

She leapt across the gap without thinking on it too much, breaking the impact with a roll; and in one smooth movement she was up and running forward to the next building's edge. Explains how he could have jumped up that ladder, then, too, another voice said, echoing her train of thought. Well there goes easy, out the fucking window, she puffed; sailing over another gap and rolling onto the next building. Why else would they contact us? a voice responded, sounding irritated as Aperi launched herself off this building as well; her following tumble slightly sloppy. She just growled aloud in response to the voice's sass, checking the ground with a quick huff to see if she was still following the target's scent; which she thankfully was. At least it should be fun, she admitted with another leap. She was likely less than an hour away, and the excitement was building in her bones. She cackled at the thought of sinking her jaws into something. Fun, indeed, she thought.

(( @Zenix in the first few, but back to nobody as I continue with what she's doing. ))
Aperi
Aperi

Status
EXP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenix Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:14 am

Zenix leisurely walks back along the streets with a huff, once again out to search for his mark. It couldnt be that difficult, really, since we was just an average bloke, no? Simply shoot, bam, done. Get the parcel. Fin.
He shakes his head as he continues, letting out a small gurgling sound that made whatever people walking close to him back off a bit. Once again, he found himself looking across tall buildings, wondering as to why they were all flat-topped as to having some sort of shape to their roofing. Did the developers just get lazy on that part? Or was it to be just a landing platform for some passing flying machine...
Thats when he hears the commotion from the building tops. A little faint, quickly headed down the street. He groans, grumbling something about exercise as he heads in to the tallest building in the quickest and closest range, not bothering with any formalities in the lobby floor, headed straight to the stairs and starting the long, looping climb up.
May as well get your stuff set up. his companion suggests to which Grin agrees, getting into his bag and piecing together his equipment, with swift skill. He's about halfway up when he finishes the long range stunner, and is practically panting. He doesnt slow, actually moving faster as to not miss his mark, or his mark get too far, in spite of his knowing that the mark was likely running from someone else, or something else... 
"Nightcrawler, probably.." He huffs. "Only other one ive seen down here.." He sighs, knowing that he was probably already close to the mark, as it wasnt long before he had heard the rooftop dash. A small amount of irritation wells up inside him as he powers through the last few flights, bursting to the roof exit panting like a madman, scouting the rooftops and quickly spotting the two.
He brings up the modded rifle, lining up his sights on the mark, steadying his pounding heart and raspy breaths. He wouldnt want to missfire and hit the Nightcrawler in stead, that would probaly just piss off the creature, if the jolt didnt bring down the assassin first..
Zenix
Zenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Aperi Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:13 pm

(( OOC: As I write this up I can't get this song out of my goddamn head. ))

Aperi could hardly control herself now, an animal-like cry escaping her jaws as she leaped from rooftop to rooftop; their flat, concrete-covered surfaces making her claws ache with the impacts they were taking. The Nightcrawler hardly cared about the pings of pain, though; even if she was leaving smeared trails of blood behind her as the bottoms of her feet ripped open. Nothing mattered but the desperate pounding of her heart, the rush of adrenaline and anger that her hunger of blood was sending surging through her body, and the fact that she was going to rip this creature to shreds. Not immediately, of course; she had to snatch the bag of flesh up and bring him to a public area for his slaughter, just as the hooded figure had demanded of her.

The distant, yet ever-closer figure ahead of her must have caught that wild sound she had produced, because his head whipped back as he ran. Not a smart idea, a voice purred, He's going to fall on his face. Like clockwork, the figure stumbled slightly, panicked, then tumbled down to the ground. Not watching his feet had caused him to lose track of them. It took a few seconds of terrified scrabbling, but he was up again. His few moments of weakness, really, had brought Aperi ever the closer; and she appreciated this fact. It was obvious, now, he knew she was running him down. His pace went from a casual walk-and-jump to a full-out run, a new skip to his step as his being pulsed with terror.

As Aperi cleared an entire roof in a single, excited bound, she saw him look back- though his eyes didn't lock with hers this time, they looked further back. Immediately curious, she whipped her head back to investigate what, exactly, he was looking at. Quickly registering that there was a small figure in the distance, albeit unmoving, Aperi let out an exasperated snarl. Ah, for fuck's sake, she sneered into her mindscape, Don't tell me he's after this idiot. Her head whipped back to face her path of travel as she launched herself over another building. She could tell that she was closing in on her target; but by the way that the goosebumps raised on her neck, she felt the figure behind her planned to ruin this for her in one way or another. Don't tell me he's after my ass, either, she thought as she threw herself over another building.

(( @Zenix. My reply is a little bit short this time, but I'm kind of waiting for what Zenix plans on doing. ))
Aperi
Aperi

Status
EXP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenix Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:11 pm

(Thanks, I appreciate that.)
Grin chuckles as the two figures looked back at him, watching the chase go down. It was futile, the huntee was going to be taken down by either hunter. Grin's right hand steadies the rifle a moment before squeezing the trigger. The weapon doesnt release a sound other than a near silent poofing sound, the round within being launched by a hyper condensed container that is no different to a miniaturized hyper-compressed air cannon, carefully crafted by himself to his specifications with the help of Shayde.

The round itself was not a bullet, but more of a micro-taser. The small thing was also something he crafted, from reference from a similar taser he took on one of his missions. It was a tiny thing that packed quite a punch, made to take down life forms somewhat larger than a human, but still very effective. The round was shelled in a sleek metallic casing, three hooks that would sink into flesh on kinetic impact, keeping the round in place and making it a pain to remove. Its central prong, a needle of sorts, would sink in deep and deliver powerful jolts of electricity that would, in theory, turn the victims arms and legs into noodles. It also had the bonus amusing effect of making them loose bladder control, but that's beside the point. Once fired, the round would travel at a high velocity, using small fins on the back, which spring out once out of the chamber, to spin and further increase accuracy.

It takes but an instant for the round to reach its target, flitting past Aperi's head, sinking into the base of the man's skull, just below where the spine connects with the cranium with the pinpoint accuracy of a laser beam. The round begins administering its potent shocks, Grin continuing to keep an eye down the sights in case another round is needed..
Zenix
Zenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniel Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:36 pm

(( Sorry for taking so long been dealing with stuffss))
Omniel sat in a corner of the crowded bar. She watched the people come and go. She was waiting for someone perfect to come through the doors She needed a person who was wealthy enough to own property, young enough that experience would be on her side, and brave enough to think that Beta Crypt would be a good investment. With such strict criteria she was having a hard time finding someone who would be able to back her in buying a warehouse that would become their new headquarters. Omniel knew her time to strike would be soon, but she needed to make sure that her organization could withstand losing a battle and not have to forfeit the war she was going to start with the Centurion. She would avenge Ageon and take over the illegal trade in the galaxy in one swoop.
She knew it would be a long process and that she and her people had to be ready. Hence the waiting in a bar. Omniel's ears twitched, she heard the sound of a solid heartbeat. She took a deep breath and smelled young vitality. SHe had found her backer. She looked around and saw her. A slight thing with silver gray hair and startlingly blue eyes. Her skin was pale enough to see her veins which pulsed a strange neon color.
Omniel began to walk towards the young woman who took one look at her, turned around and all but ran out the door. Omniel tried to follow her, but when she went out the door the woman was gone.
((@ no one right now. Again sorry Sad))
Omniel
Omniel
Admin

Status
LC: 510
EXP:

https://phantasmics.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnathan Morris Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:00 pm

Johnathan rolled over and shut off his alarm. He allowed himself a moment for his eyes to adjust to the soft gray of early dawn. He surveyed his room to make sure all was well. It was. He sighed and thought about how utterly devoid his sanctuary was of actual personal items. The blank white walls. Empty shelves, save for a few decorative touches the designer added. He still had lessons he had learned while living with the cult memorized. 'I have no belongings because I am no one and no one doesn't own anything.'
Some lessons he supposed were good to remember. Since he was spy it was best that he had no personal belongings to tie him to anything if he had to leave suddenly.
Johnathan gathered himself and dressed for his day job as a business man who procured rare items. Today he had a meeting that he hoped would prove to be most profitable. Someone had reached out to him looking for old PR. The original hard stuff. He knew he should be worried about it but he wasn't. He wasn't sure why, but he had a good feeling about the meeting. Like his future was going to change with it.
(( Feel free to hop on this if someone wants))

Johnathan Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by Aperi Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:16 am

Come on, Aperi screamed within the endless depths of her mind, her voice so small against the torrent of aimlessly howling voices scrabbling over one another in an attempt to be heard. This has to be it... so close, her voice echoed on within the ocean of screams, her heart seeming to pound out of her chest as she ran. Half because of the strain it was under to push her already tired body further, half because of the building rage as she imagined ripping the thing's body to pieces. Not many appreciated her type of art, and she couldn't help but wonder... why? Maybe, if she could just... if she could just show people the wonder of it. Maybe this time, if she showed people, they could finally figure it out. Why she did this, why she... why she existed.

The way flesh- no, a being- a miracle of chance; something made from the tiniest of molecules stacked and stacked again in the perfect combination to create something that was, statistically, absolutely impossible; could be torn apart with her own claws. Mind boggling, it was... to be able to lock eyes with something inconceivably nonviable; the odds of it being real were zero to none. Yet, there it was. Existing. Fighting a battle against the universe and its so-called rules. Just... to be able to have the power to lay hands on this... this thing, this impossible thing; the power to rip it apart and ruin this temple of creation in the most complete way was... it was unable to be explained. To be able to make neurons fire off, to make muscles contract in agony... to be the last thing the being saw... it was what she was meant to do, and she knew this.

If only, you know... if only her fucking mouth worked, if only she could explain how utterly surreal it is to rip down the fabric of something alive and moving, to see its inner workings before they stuttered and failed... to be able to, then, literally absorb it, use the thing's energy as your own and continue your own fight against the endless odds against you. It was primal, animalistic; but it was, at the same time, artful, inspiring... Nothing, she knew, could possibly out-do the most aboriginal instinct there was; to destroy, to make new. Every single lifeform there ever was had, and has this instinct. She... she had heard of gods, beings of non-understandable power and might. And she laughed at them. For... for something to have power over her?

The idea was ludicrous. Ridiculous in the highest degree. She knew none, though they possessed her power, knew how to embrace and wield; to understand the smallness and largeness of a single thing, and how to... how to control it. To make it sing for you; a puncture to the chest and it's screaming. And it's not screaming of it's own accord, no; you're making it scream, making it call out for it's life to end; you're a puppeteer in the fullest sense of the word. Ah, if only she could control every being like this. Make it writhe under her claws, paint the walls with it's blood. Take it apart while it watched in horror, unable to do anything to prevent it's fate. They always fight, and she knows it's their job to fight. She really did wish she could kill them all. But, she knew she had to leave some to continue to repopulate... so her game could continue. They were made, she knew... they were made to give her a game.

And now... another game was to be played. This game was running, and she could hear it's ragged, terrified breath as she got closer and closer. It was only two building's lengths away. She could feel it now... the welcoming warmth of it's muscle and bone, the wonderful crackle as it was ruined beneath her teeth.

And then it happened.

The target was in mid-jump, and it felt like everything froze. Aperi's mind was working a million miles a minute, but her surroundings were nearly halted. The only feeling that made it's way to the surface was dread. Ever so slowly, a spinning bullet inched it's way past her, ripping air molecules apart as it forced it's way forward. And it hit her target. Everything rushed back to normal speed as the man screamed and convulsed in mid-air, and dropped to the ground like a rock, a sickening crunch sounding out as it hit the ground. Aperi skidded to a halt as she reached the edge he had fallen from. Her mind went from dread to absolute, unfiltered rage. Every voice in her head quieted, as if in fear. Who fucking dared. Who fucking dared take away what was hers. She stood up slowly, front limbs leaving the ground as she stared at the body, sprawled unnaturally on the ground.

And she laughed. Her shoulders shook as the giggling left her lungs, and she lifted a talon to her head to steady it. In between her choked cackling, the maw beneath her mask pulled back into a painful smile, she whispered a few, very quiet words. "You're fucking dead."

(( @Zenix; I, uh. I'd suggest hiding. Cloaking your scent probably. Heh, uh. Yeah. ))
Aperi
Aperi

Status
EXP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenix Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:13 am

(@Aperi ... Well, fuck.)
Grin hums a tune as the bullet connects, then cuts off as the target plummets from the buildings edge, watching it fall from his line of sight. It's that small moment when you get so caught up in the game that something happens you dont pay attention to. In this case, it was a simple jump.
A jump and a fall and a crack.
By no means was the mark intended to die, just go limp atop the rooftop, spasm a bit, leave it to the Nightcrawler. But this was her game, wasnt it... One he had invaded on from another world as if he had used a cracked red eye orb.
However, by no means does he freeze. He packs up, headed quickly to the stairwell he had used to get to the rooftop. By now, his breath is hitching, gurgling, Not at all from fear, but overexertion. This was now a new game, one of deadly hide and seek. Or capture the flag, depending on your point of view. The mission had yet to be fully fulfilled, after all.

"Damnit.." He mumbles as he careens down the stairwell. "Why couldnt that have happened in a more... properly formatted fashion. He just... I... GAH!" He mentally beats himself as he suddenly turns off on one of the floors midway through, not looking to see which one. "Death isnt supposed to happen in a moment of stupidity... It has MEANING and PURPOSE... Always a purpose, the way that happened was pointless, you moron!" Grin shouts to himself, making a hard right... "It tracks by scent... like a blood hound, essentially particles left in the air... cells, molecules.." He looks to his second shadow. "G-gyah... any ideas..?" He asks to his companion who simply shrugs. You are fucked, Grin. Game Over. To which grin lets out a gurgling growl. "There's a way..." He thinks hard...

Well... mask your scent with something. You need to make yourself smell like someone else, and you need to make sure it actually works. Then hide, not somewhere obvious, but in an airtight enclosure, preferably something that moves. Grin shakes his head. "You expect me to get into a moving car without being noticed... ugh... i'll see what i can do.." He pauses a moment, hacking and coughing to try and get his breath back...
Mask his scent...
He looks down at himself as he recovers, getting an idea. He hurries as fast as he can down into the secondary stairwell of the building, headed out through a guest enterance of the building he supposed was a hotel, being extremely cautious about not being spotted by Aperi. He rushes down the streets, weaving through alleyways, shoving past people until he finds what he's looking for. A man about his height, size, the old bum sporting a grummy old coat, beanie, sweatpants and an expression of misery. Perfect. In a swift movement, the man is stunned by another stunning round that grin jabs into the mans neck himself, dragging him into an alley. After a few moments, a swift minute or so, the bag of supplies is stashed, and Grin had fully, and somewhat reluctantly, swapped garbs with the bum, coat, cloak, shirt, hat, gloves, and pants, leaving the man in the clothes saturated in grin's scent and Grin smelling strongly of smoke, oil, gas, body oder, grime and other various fluids and elements that he didnt care to think about.

Grin had removed his mask, storing the device within the coat as to not give out any suspicion, the beanie pulled low, coat collar turned up to hide hollow cheeks and an amount of snow white hair. He walks with a low slouch, dragging feet, and an air of misery about himself, making his way away from the alley as fast as a casual pace would take him. He has rather easily adopted the demeanor of the bum, who he left inside of an empty dumpster inside Grins own clothes, hood over the head to hide the bum's face. The bag, though, he had left in a place that was somewhat of a blur between and he had already lost the location between excitement and adrenaline. He curses himself... that thing had some pretty awesome shit, too..
He knows the disguise wont hold up long, Aperi would catch on again. He looks about for a place to hide, someplace to hide scent and form...
So, he ducks into a night bar, a place smelling heavily of sweat, booze, smoke, and other various substances, headed on to the furthest corner of the crowded place of drunken stupor and rowdy types. The deepest darkest corner of the closest crowded place...
"This will be a fucking miracle.." He rasps to himself... "I swear, if this works I'm going to sacrifice someone to whatever deity aided me..." he sighs, taking a seat to the corner furthest away from the door in which a drinking contest is taking place..
(@nobody I feel as if a lot of this was pointless and made no sense, but lets do it anyways.)
Zenix
Zenix

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowsWind Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:51 pm

(@Zenix In a bar? In the corner? Sounds like somewhere I can join in...)

Being a shadow was relatively boring. No physical form meant you had a lot of limits, and Mischief knew this well. She could scare the shit out of people walking by her essence cast on the walls, but half the time she was actually looking for conversation.
She tended to stay in areas where she'd be mistaken as some form of hallucination, like bars. Luckily for her, she didn't have to smell the rancid scent of cigarettes and alcohol, and had a chance at conversation. Even if they thought it was because of some drugs that they took.
It was a generally average day until someone with... a familiar feel walked in. He sat away from the drinking contest she had originally planned on messing with, but... it would be nice to talk to someone sober. Or at least try.
"...if this works I'm going to sacrifice someone to whatever deity aided me..." she heard him rasp.
Slipping behind him, she chuckled. "The gods are dead, kid. Don't tell anyone, though. Let them dream."

(I exist now I guess lmao)
ShadowsWind
ShadowsWind

Status
EXP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenix Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:27 pm

Zenix pauses a few moments. "... that isnt a surprise." He mumbles. "Particular religions have been gone hundreds of years now. Why wouldnt they be d-" he cuts himself off, realizing the voice is completely unfamiliar to him. He looks about, searching for the source of the voice while keeping in mind to be wary of aperi.
"Who are you.." He mumbles, "where are you...?" He sinks further back into the chair he was seated in, now making sure to be out of sight from the doorway... "Are you another shadow..?" He mumbles, being familiar with the odd essance that most of the shadows of his broken mind gave off, the way they spoke without being heard.
But, this one felt different..
Not like Shayde or the other flitting realities brought on by infection of the mind. He couldnt place it, and it made him intrigued and slightly uncomfortable..
Zenix
Zenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum